Metals & Mining
Coal India Limited (CIL) is a largest coal producers in India. The company carries out the mining of coal and coal based products. It also provides mining consultancy services across India and abroad. The company operates through 81 mining areas and nine wholly-owned subsidiaries, namely, Bharat Coking Coal Limited; Central Coalfields Limited; Western Coalfields Limited; Eastern Coalfields Limited; Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited; Mahanadi Coalfields Limited; South Eastern Coalfields Limited; Northern Coalfields Limited and Coal India Africana Limitada. It also has two indirect subsidiaries: MJSJ Coal Limited; and MNH Shakti Limited. The company also owns and operates 26 technical and management training institutes along with 102 vocational training institutes centres. During the fiscal year 2012, the company accounted for approximately 81% of India’s overall coal production. CIL is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. The company aims to produce planned quantity of coal effectively, economically and efficiently with due regard to safety, conservation & quality. This comprehensive SWOT profile of Coal India Limited provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of Coal India’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of Coal India.
- Executive biographies – A summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key operational centers and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with five-year history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from five quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by Coal India during the interim period.
- Note: Some sections may be missing if the company’s data is unavailable.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers based on the analysis of Coal India’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. It analyzes the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, providing you with an up-to-date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratios presented for major public companies in the report include revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company
- Coal India Limited – Key Information
- Coal India Limited – Overview
- Coal India Limited – Key Employees
- Coal India Limited – Key Employee Biographies
- Coal India Limited – Key Operational Heads
- Coal India Limited – Major Products and Services
- Coal India Limited – History
- Coal India Limited – Company Statement
- Coal India Limited – Locations And Subsidiaries
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
- Coal India Limited – Business Description
- Coal India Limited – Corporate Strategy
- Coal India Limited – SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis – Overview
- Coal India Limited – Strengths
- Coal India Limited – Weaknesses
- Coal India Limited – Opportunities
- Coal India Limited – Threats
- Coal India Limited – Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Performance Charts
- Coal India Limited – Financial Ratios
- Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios
- Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
- Dec 11, 2012: Indian Ministry Of Power Says Power Generation Capacity Goes Up Despite Fuel Shortage In 11th Five Year Plan
- Dec 13, 2012: Indian Ministry of Power Advises Power Utilities To Import 46 MT Coal During 2012–13
- Dec 18, 2012: Indian Ministry Of Power Initiates Steps To Augment Power Sector
- Dec 24, 2012: Essar Energy Begins Commercial Operations Of 600 MW Unit 1 At Mahan I Power Project In Madhya Pradesh, India
- Jan 02, 2013: CIL Signs Fuel Supply Agreements With 35 Power Utilities In India
Section 5 – Appendix
- Ratio Definitions
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.