Consumer Packaged Goods
Gildan Activewear Inc. (GIL) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Gildan Activewear Inc. (Gildan) is a manufacturer and marketer of basic family apparel. The company’s product portfolio comprises T-shirts, sport shirts, fleece, socks, underwear, hosiery and shapewear. Gildan markets its products under different brands such as Gildan, Anvil, Gold Toe, Secret, Silks, Comfort Colors and Therapy Plus. The company also has licenses for the Under Armour , New Balance and Mossy Oak brands. It markets its products in Canada, the US, Mexico, Europe and Asia-Pacific. It also manufactures for select leading global athletic and lifestyle consumer brands. The company owns and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the US, Central America, Caribbean Basin and Bangladesh. Gildan is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Key Facts 6
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Key Employees 7
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Major Products and Services 9
Gildan Activewear Inc. – History 10
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Company Statement 11
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 Company Analysis 14
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Business Description 14
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Corporate Strategy 15
Gildan Activewear Inc. – SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis – Overview 16
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Strengths 16
Strength – Vertically Integrated Operations 16
Strength – Top-Line Growth 16
Strength – Diversified Product Line 16
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Weaknesses 17
Weakness – Declining Liquidity 17
Weakness – Increasing Trade Receivables 17
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Opportunities 18
Opportunity – Growth in e-Retailing 18
Opportunity – Strategic Acquisition 18
Opportunity – Increase in Consumer Spending in the US 18
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Threats 19
Threat – Growing Counterfeit Products 19
Threat – Intense Competition 19
Threat – Risk from Suppliers 19
Gildan Activewear Inc. – Key Competitors 20
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 26
Gildan Activewear Inc., Recent Deals Summary 27
Section 4 Appendix 28
Ratio Definitions 28
About GlobalData 32
Contact Us 32
List of Tables
Gildan Activewear Inc., Key Facts 6
Gildan Activewear Inc., Key Employees 7
Gildan Activewear Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Gildan Activewear Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Gildan Activewear Inc., History 10
Gildan Activewear Inc., Subsidiaries 12
Gildan Activewear Inc., Key Competitors 20
Gildan Activewear Inc., Ratios based on current share price 21
Gildan Activewear Inc., Annual Ratios 22
Gildan Activewear Inc., Interim Ratios 25
Gildan Activewear Inc., Recent Deals Summary 27
Currency Codes 28
Capital Market Ratios 28
Equity Ratios 29
Profitability Ratios 29
Cost Ratios 30
Liquidity Ratios 30
Leverage Ratios 31
Efficiency Ratios 31
List of Figures
Gildan Activewear Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 24
Gildan Activewear Inc., Ratio Charts 26
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.