Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
Vaccine Manufacturers Seek to Increase Vaccine Uptake by Developing Pediatric Combination Vaccines and Adult Adjuvanted Vaccines.
Over the last two decades, the HBV vaccine market has largely been dominated by Big Pharma, with GSK, Merck, and Sanofi as the key players. While GSK and Merck were the first companies to introduce recombinant HBsAg containing vaccines in the 1980s, GSK has entrenched itself as the clear market leader, accounting for over 75% of total market sales in 2012. Overall, GlobalData expects these major players to maintain their control over the marketplace despite the entrance of a new player, Dynavax Technologies, during the forecast period.
Due to the HBV vaccine market’s highly competitive nature, both current and future players are employing a variety of strategies to gain patient share in existing and emerging population segments. These corporate strategies include developing more immunogenic vaccines that are targeted at the adult population (Dynavax), the use of combination vaccines to protect infants against HBV (GSK, Merck, and Sanofi), and the development of more convenient HBV vaccine formulations (Merck and Sanofi). In addition to these approaches, GlobalData believes that increasing HBV vaccine uptake and decreasing cost-effectiveness concerns will be issues that all companies must recognize and include in their corporate strategies.
GlobalData estimates that, in 2012, the global HBV vaccine market generated over $950m in sales. This report projects the market to experience modest growth, achieving sales of over $1.1 billion by 2022, with a CAGR of 2.2% from 2012–2022.
Reason to Buy
- Overview of HBV, including etiology, general symptoms from infection, and country-specific immunization recommendations and vaccination coverage data.
- Annualized HBV vaccine market revenue, annual cost of vaccination and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast to 2022.
- Strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases and emerging trends, specifically Dynavax Technologies’ Heplisav and Sanofi Pasteur MSD’s Hexyon.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HBV vaccine market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- How large an impact will Hexyon and Heplisav have on the HBV vaccine market? What do key opinion leaders think of these vaccines?
- What are the key HBV vaccines for each age segment and country?
- Which HBV vaccines will face adoption challenges in the market? What is the projected uptake of new vaccines, such as Dynavax’s Heplisav, over the forecast period?
- The developmental pipeline consists of vaccines that address immunogenicity and coverage rate concerns. Which of these vaccines will attain high sales revenues during 2012-2022 and in which markets?
- What governmental and industry developments are likely to affect the vaccination rates in the markets researched? Which is the largest growth market globally?
Overview of hepatitis B virus (HBV), including etiology, general symptoms from infection, and country-specific immunization recommendations and vaccination coverage data.
Annualized HBV vaccine market revenue, annual cost of vaccination and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the HBV vaccine market.
Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases and emerging trends, specifically Dynavax Technologies’ Heplisav and Sanofi Pasteur MSD’s Hexyon.
Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HBV vaccine market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Market Model Features
An interactive excel forecast model based on primary research interviews and surveys with KOLs and high-prescribing physicians is included in this report*. This patient based model provides diagnosis rates, patient segmentation, treatment rates, annual costs of therapy , and indication-specific drug sales for the 10 year forecast period. The forecast model is robust, fully transparent, and easy to navigate. Moreover, our models support data presented in the reports and the complete methodology is outlined in the report and the model.
*Model only available with site and global license purchases.
Country-specific immunization recommendations heavily influence HBV vaccine uptake in the pediatric and adult segments of the marketplace.
The potential impact of Dynavax Technologies’ Heplisav on the marketplace will be determined by its level of uptake in at-risk adults targeted for vaccination.
Major players will leverage their R&D, manufacturing, and distribution networks to maintain their stakes in the market.
Government endorsements of new and existing vaccines, in particular pediatric combination vaccines and novel adult vaccines, are anticipated to dramatically influence market growth.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the HBV vaccine market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HBV vaccine market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global HBV vaccine market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.